|Munlough School Register|
Munlough School Register of Pupils from 1866 to 1977
Munlough National School was responsible for the education of many generations of pupils until it closed in 1977, when the pupils and teachers transferred to neighbouring Bawnboy N.S. Midway between Bawnboy and Ballyconnell, Munlough was a two-teacher school for boys and girls. Separate registers were kept for male and female pupils. The lists are presented alphabetically and each is in two sections because from 1920 the listing included actual date of birth instead of age in years at enrolment, as had been the method previously.
These records and photographs were published in the 2008 booklet 'Munlough School Reunion' and are presented here by kind permission of the editor, Very Rev. Pat Bannon, P.P. Drung, a native of Kilsallagh, Bawnboy.
The Old Munlough School
And the New Munlough School built in 1952